Evan Cornett Obituary
Evan Parker Cornett was born 10:50 p.m.,on Aug. 26, 2012, at to his loving parents Chris and Lauren Cornett, at the Women’s Center in Tupelo, Mississippi. He weighed 4lbs., 10 oz. and was 18 inches long.
While we knew his life would be short, everyone who knew him during this time was most certainly blessed by his presence. We anxiously awaited his arrival and once he joined us in this world he visited with us for four and a half hours before leaving his mother’s arms and was carried away by the embrace of our Lord.
“There is no foot too small to leave an imprint in this world” and he did just that. He walked into our lives and touched our hearts forever. We are honored and humbled by the charity and selflessness of those around us. We give very special thanks to Mary Meghan Mabus and Stephanie Rhea Barcia for documenting our time with our precious little one and Will Rambo for his continued support and prayer.
Evan is survived by his parents, Lauren and Chris Cornett; grandparents, Jan and David Rowan, and Charlotte Walton; great-grandparents, Katherine and Royce Hill; aunts, Leigh-Ann Corder and Camille Rodgers; uncles, Denny Corder and James Rodgers; cousins, Kelsey and Ethan Corder and Adam and Ellinor Rodgers; and many great-aunts, uncles, cousins and family friends.
He is preceded in death by his great-grandparents, Annie Lois and Byron Fitzgerald, Jamison Rowan, and Argie Guy Cornett.
There was a private graveside service at Pontotoc Memorial Gardens at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 29.
“An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, ‘too beautiful for this Earth.’” As we carry on you will never be forgotten.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday