Evan Cornett Obituary
Evan Parker Cornett was born 10:50 p.m.,on Aug. 26, 2012, at to his loving parents Chris and Lauren Cornett, at the Women’s Center in Tupelo, Mississippi. He weighed 4lbs., 10 oz. and was 18 inches long.
While we knew his life would be short, everyone who knew him during this time was most certainly blessed by his presence. We anxiously awaited his arrival and once he joined us in this world he visited with us for four and a half hours before leaving his mother’s arms and was carried away by the embrace of our Lord.
“There is no foot too small to leave an imprint in this world” and he did just that. He walked into our lives and touched our hearts forever. We are honored and humbled by the charity and selflessness of those around us. We give very special thanks to Mary Meghan Mabus and Stephanie Rhea Barcia for documenting our time with our precious little one and Will Rambo for his continued support and prayer.
Evan is survived by his parents, Lauren and Chris Cornett; grandparents, Jan and David Rowan, and Charlotte Walton; great-grandparents, Katherine and Royce Hill; aunts, Leigh-Ann Corder and Camille Rodgers; uncles, Denny Corder and James Rodgers; cousins, Kelsey and Ethan Corder and Adam and Ellinor Rodgers; and many great-aunts, uncles, cousins and family friends.
He is preceded in death by his great-grandparents, Annie Lois and Byron Fitzgerald, Jamison Rowan, and Argie Guy Cornett.
There was a private graveside service at Pontotoc Memorial Gardens at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 29.
“An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, ‘too beautiful for this Earth.’” As we carry on you will never be forgotten.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...