Mary Walker Obituary
Mary Annette Edwards Walker, 73, of Blue Mountain, died Friday, Aug. 24, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. She was born on March 19, 1939, to Carl and Idotha Needham Edwards in Holly Springs. She was owner of Palyhouse Day Care in New Albany for 26 years. She was a member of Sanctuary Pentecostal Church.
Services were at 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 27, 2012 at McBride Funeral Home Chapel with Tony Bakem, Keith Balintine, Terry Hall and James Lewis officiating.
She is survived by her husband, Lynn Walker of Blue Mountain; six sons, Robert Ositis (Kathy) of Blue Springs, Billy Wayne Smith (Vicki Lynn) and Donald Ray Smith (Lisa), both of Blue Mountain, Kenneth Lynn Walker (fianceeamp´ Tracey Holliday) and Larry Wayne Walker (Brenda), both of Ripley and John Robert Walker of Blue Mountain; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; son, David Wayne Walker; and grandson, Corey Ray Smith.
Pallbearers were Stacy Stark, Timothy Harris, Jordan Harris, James Sullivan, Patrick Robinson, Francisco Camberos and Chad Boren.
Visitation was from 7 a.m. until service time Monday.
To view and sign guestbook, visit www.mcbridefuneralhome.com.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...