Rachel Nelson Obituary
Rachel C. Nelson, 86, of Bartlett, Tenn., died on Aug. 29, 2012. She was born on May 16, 1926 in Shelby County, Tenn. to the late Thomas and Hattie Kelley Carter. She was married to the late Stephen D. Nelson for 43 years. They made their life in Cordova, Tenn. She built an active life with her family and friends. She was a member of Shelby County PTA Council. Rachel loved all people and always helped them if she could. Rachel and her husband moved to Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle and were residents for 18 years. Stephen was President of Lake Arrowhead and Rachel was a member of Union County Homemakers. After her husband passed, she moved to Bartlett, Tenn.
She leaves five children, Linda Rusch (Jim) of Bartlett, Tenn., Nanc Crawford (Terry) of Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle, MS, Donna Harden (Rodney) of Arlington, Tenn., Martha Lohse (Billy) of Myrtle and Stephen D. Nelson, Jr. of Memphis, Tenn.; 15 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by a brother, Gerald Carter.
A celebration of her life will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at the funeral home. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...