Rachel Nelson Obituary
Rachel C. Nelson, 86, of Bartlett, Tenn., died on Aug. 29, 2012. She was born on May 16, 1926 in Shelby County, Tenn. to the late Thomas and Hattie Kelley Carter. She was married to the late Stephen D. Nelson for 43 years. They made their life in Cordova, Tenn. She built an active life with her family and friends. She was a member of Shelby County PTA Council. Rachel loved all people and always helped them if she could. Rachel and her husband moved to Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle and were residents for 18 years. Stephen was President of Lake Arrowhead and Rachel was a member of Union County Homemakers. After her husband passed, she moved to Bartlett, Tenn.
She leaves five children, Linda Rusch (Jim) of Bartlett, Tenn., Nanc Crawford (Terry) of Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle, MS, Donna Harden (Rodney) of Arlington, Tenn., Martha Lohse (Billy) of Myrtle and Stephen D. Nelson, Jr. of Memphis, Tenn.; 15 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by a brother, Gerald Carter.
A celebration of her life will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at the funeral home. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...