Rachel Nelson Obituary
Rachel C. Nelson, 86, of Bartlett, Tenn., died on Aug. 29, 2012. She was born on May 16, 1926 in Shelby County, Tenn. to the late Thomas and Hattie Kelley Carter. She was married to the late Stephen D. Nelson for 43 years. They made their life in Cordova, Tenn. She built an active life with her family and friends. She was a member of Shelby County PTA Council. Rachel loved all people and always helped them if she could. Rachel and her husband moved to Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle and were residents for 18 years. Stephen was President of Lake Arrowhead and Rachel was a member of Union County Homemakers. After her husband passed, she moved to Bartlett, Tenn.
She leaves five children, Linda Rusch (Jim) of Bartlett, Tenn., Nanc Crawford (Terry) of Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle, MS, Donna Harden (Rodney) of Arlington, Tenn., Martha Lohse (Billy) of Myrtle and Stephen D. Nelson, Jr. of Memphis, Tenn.; 15 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by a brother, Gerald Carter.
A celebration of her life will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at the funeral home. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday