American Legion to host ‘Patriot Day’ service on Sept. 11
Union County residents will once again have the opportunity to gather and give tribute to victims of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, as well as current and fallen soldiers next week.
Members of the Potter-Henry-Lowery Post 72 American Legion of Union County will host a “Patriot Day” service at noon, next Tuesday, Sept. 11, at the Union County Courthouse lawn.
The service will be led by Will Ford, local American Legion commander.
Barry Male, Jr. will be the keynote speaker.
Other speakers will include City of New Albanyity and Union County government officials.
Post 72 Legionnaires will place wreaths at the War Memorial monument in rememberance of each war in which the United States’ military has been involved, as well as local veterans and those who are currently serving stateside or overseas.
For more information, call Mike Bennett at 662-534-1982.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...