ICC offering high school equivalency test class
The high school equivalency test will be given beginning at 7:30 a.m., Sept. 5, 8, 12, 19 and 26 and Sept. 22 at the Monroe County Government Complex in Amory, at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center, 3200 Adams Farm Road.
Prior to testing, all persons not enrolled in an Itawamba Community College-sponsored ABE/GED class will be required to participate in a preregistration/orientation session. Preregistration sessions will be held each Tuesday and Thursday from 1- 4 p.m. or from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Belden Center. Attendance at both of the sessions is required. Those testing in Amory must attend preregistration sessions at the Monroe County Government Complex, Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9 a.m.-noon or from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Applicants desiring to take the GED test must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school, and they must have an official withdrawal form from the last school attended. Sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds may be permitted to take the test if they meet certain criteria.
Fees are $15 for each of the five subject areas. Retest fees are also $15 per section. The GED test is administered on a block schedule. All persons must register in advance to be eligible to test and pay their testing fees no later than Monday, 4 p.m. prior to a Wednesday or Saturday testing. Testing times begin with math at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, contact the GED Department at (662) 407-1510.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...