ICC offering high school equivalency test class
The high school equivalency test will be given beginning at 7:30 a.m., Sept. 5, 8, 12, 19 and 26 and Sept. 22 at the Monroe County Government Complex in Amory, at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center, 3200 Adams Farm Road.
Prior to testing, all persons not enrolled in an Itawamba Community College-sponsored ABE/GED class will be required to participate in a preregistration/orientation session. Preregistration sessions will be held each Tuesday and Thursday from 1- 4 p.m. or from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Belden Center. Attendance at both of the sessions is required. Those testing in Amory must attend preregistration sessions at the Monroe County Government Complex, Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9 a.m.-noon or from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Applicants desiring to take the GED test must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school, and they must have an official withdrawal form from the last school attended. Sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds may be permitted to take the test if they meet certain criteria.
Fees are $15 for each of the five subject areas. Retest fees are also $15 per section. The GED test is administered on a block schedule. All persons must register in advance to be eligible to test and pay their testing fees no later than Monday, 4 p.m. prior to a Wednesday or Saturday testing. Testing times begin with math at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, contact the GED Department at (662) 407-1510.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...