Playhouse, September 5, 2012
You may be excused when you eat the rest of your string beans.
ν Please take the rest of this cake with you – we don’t need to eat the whole thing.
ν We watched the rest of the movie before going to bed.
ν I can’t go to bed until I finish the rest of my homework.
ν We need to drink the rest of this milk before the expiration date.
ν The rest of the book will be the most exciting.
ν Baby James drank the rest of his bottle before going to sleep.
ν Do I have to eat the rest of my broccoli too?
ν I emptied the rest of the dirty clothes into the washer.
ν You’ll have to watch next week’s episode to see the rest of the saga.
ν How I wanted to eat the rest of the Oreos, but what about my diet?
ν The rest of the trip was a breeze after the little ones fell asleep.
ν The rest of your classes won’t be this difficult.
ν I really, really can’t eat the rest of my broccoli.
ν Go ahead, there’s just a little bit left. You’ve got to drink the rest of your medicine.
ν The rest of the vacation was ruined by the hurricane.
ν I’m going to do absolutely nothing the rest of the day.
ν If I drink the rest of my milk, can I get up?
ν Someone help me bring in the rest of the groceries.
ν The rest of you will have to take the next bus.
ν Read the rest of Chapter 3 before the next class.
ν The rest of the night was filled with thunder and lightning.
ν Did you read the rest of the instructions?
ν If I never see another ice storm for the rest of my life, I’ll rejoice.
ν The rest of the class may leave; you stay.
ν Pick up the rest of your mess.
ν Don’t leave your seat for the rest of the service !
ν I always enjoyed Paul Harvey’s “Rest of the Story.”
ν We had to fall in behind the rest of the line.
ν You have to follow the same rules as the rest of the class.
ν I’ll read you a book when I finish the rest of the dishes.
ν Can I have the rest of your hamburger?
ν What are you doing for the rest of your life?
All the “rest ofs” that we have spoken, heard, thought, or experienced have an ending. Then comes eternity – not eternal death but eternal life as inexpressible joy or unimaginable suffering. In both places, will “rest of” ever be spoken?
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...