Bulldogs prepare for Amory
New Albany will be on the road once more this week, traveling to Amory in a big 4A showdown.
“This is a big game for us, especially in 4A,” Head Coach Ron Price said. “A lot of people have predicted Amory to be a state championship contender because of what they accomplished last year. Looking at them on film, you can see why people are saying that.”
The Panthers enter the game at 2-1, having lost to Aberdeen, 27-22, last week. Amory has a host of receivers they will look to, four of which have over 100 receiving yards so far this year, led by Devin McIntosh with 297 yards.
“They have five quality wide receivers, who are all seniors. The quarterback (Jon David Poss) played against us last year, and he has a few games under his belt now, and their offense is really coming together,” Price said. “It’s extremely hard, because you don’t see this type of offense every week. To try and prepare for this type of offense is complicated, but our defensive coaches have done a great job putting this game plan together.”
“Our plan is to control the ball offensively and keep the football on our side and keep them off the field and do what we do best, and that’s running the football and controlling the clock. Hopefully this week, we’ll finish drives and be successful.”
The Bulldogs’ running game has been successful so far behind Boston Newsome’s 588 yards. Price also hopes to see the passing game open up after talking with quarterback Spencer Day and his receivers.
“I’ve really challenged him and our receivers to be more effective,” Price said.
“They have worked hard this week, and our offensive line and Boston and O.J. (Hardin) have done such a good job running the football and it’s kept us from having to throw a lot, but there’s going to come a time this year where we’ll have to throw the football to be successful.”
“When Spencer hits the receivers, they have to catch the ball. Last week we had four or five dropped balls, so we’re counting on that unit to come together quickly and get some production from them this week.”
The Bulldogs (2-1) are set for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff Friday at Amory.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert