Eastern Lights, September 7, 2012
Well, another week has rolled around. September is here with its storm gales and maybe some cooler weather.
The Keownville Community lost another pillar Friday night when Mrs. Jettie Roaten passed from this life. She leaves a son Barton Roaten, (Janice) and a daughter Linda Sue Tutor, (Jerry) and a host of other relatives. She was 92 years old and lived in Keownville most of her life.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge had a very good program Wednesday. There were 29 people present.
If all goes well, Norma Pannell will have surgery on her hip she broke last week, which will be Wednesday of this week. The family request your prayers.
I visited with Earlene Hall and Barbara last week. Earlene was about as well as usual and always enjoys company. Nancy Bell was a visitor also.
The Beuna Vista School reunion is less than two weeks away. It will be held on Sept. 15. Doors will open at noon and the potluck meal will be served at 1 p.m. All former students, spouses and friends are encouraged to attend.
Our sympathy goes to the family of Mrs. Gladys Davis who was buried on Monday. She was always an encouragement to the New Haven School.
Our sympathy also goes to the families of Charles Smith. He grew up in the Keownivlle community and held pastorates in and around North Mississippi.
Best wishes to Sammie Godwin who isn’t feeling well at this time. Also to all of you who have the sinus virus.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...