Eastern Lights, September 7, 2012
Well, another week has rolled around. September is here with its storm gales and maybe some cooler weather.
The Keownville Community lost another pillar Friday night when Mrs. Jettie Roaten passed from this life. She leaves a son Barton Roaten, (Janice) and a daughter Linda Sue Tutor, (Jerry) and a host of other relatives. She was 92 years old and lived in Keownville most of her life.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge had a very good program Wednesday. There were 29 people present.
If all goes well, Norma Pannell will have surgery on her hip she broke last week, which will be Wednesday of this week. The family request your prayers.
I visited with Earlene Hall and Barbara last week. Earlene was about as well as usual and always enjoys company. Nancy Bell was a visitor also.
The Beuna Vista School reunion is less than two weeks away. It will be held on Sept. 15. Doors will open at noon and the potluck meal will be served at 1 p.m. All former students, spouses and friends are encouraged to attend.
Our sympathy goes to the family of Mrs. Gladys Davis who was buried on Monday. She was always an encouragement to the New Haven School.
Our sympathy also goes to the families of Charles Smith. He grew up in the Keownivlle community and held pastorates in and around North Mississippi.
Best wishes to Sammie Godwin who isn’t feeling well at this time. Also to all of you who have the sinus virus.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...