Eastern Lights, September 7, 2012
Well, another week has rolled around. September is here with its storm gales and maybe some cooler weather.
The Keownville Community lost another pillar Friday night when Mrs. Jettie Roaten passed from this life. She leaves a son Barton Roaten, (Janice) and a daughter Linda Sue Tutor, (Jerry) and a host of other relatives. She was 92 years old and lived in Keownville most of her life.
The Young at Heart of Pleasant Ridge had a very good program Wednesday. There were 29 people present.
If all goes well, Norma Pannell will have surgery on her hip she broke last week, which will be Wednesday of this week. The family request your prayers.
I visited with Earlene Hall and Barbara last week. Earlene was about as well as usual and always enjoys company. Nancy Bell was a visitor also.
The Beuna Vista School reunion is less than two weeks away. It will be held on Sept. 15. Doors will open at noon and the potluck meal will be served at 1 p.m. All former students, spouses and friends are encouraged to attend.
Our sympathy goes to the family of Mrs. Gladys Davis who was buried on Monday. She was always an encouragement to the New Haven School.
Our sympathy also goes to the families of Charles Smith. He grew up in the Keownivlle community and held pastorates in and around North Mississippi.
Best wishes to Sammie Godwin who isn’t feeling well at this time. Also to all of you who have the sinus virus.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...