Frances Gardner Obituary
Frances Louise Gardner, 98, New Albany, died Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012 at Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany. She was born June 21, 1914 in Union County to the late Henry Lee and Mary Elizabeth McNeil Gardner. She formerly worked at Irwin B. Schwabe, before becoming one of the first employees of Futorian Mfg., from which she retired. She was a puzzle enthusiast and really enjoyed the more challenging ones. She was the oldest living member of Ingomar United Methodist Church.
A celebration of her life was at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany with Brad Sartor officiating. Interment was in Ingomar Cemetery.
She is survived by nieces and nephews: Mary Patton, Sara Mattox, Judy Bigham, Robin Knight, Brenda Pannell, Pat Grass, Lynda Womack, Donald Dodd, Jackie Dodd and Hugh Gardner and several great nieces and great nephews.
She was preceded in death by three sisters, Thelma Duncan, Hazel Coleman and Eloise Dodd, and two brothers, Hugh Gardner and Bill Gardner.
Pallbearers were Will Dodd, Jon Dodd, Jeff Dodd, Kyle Dodd, Greg Bigham, Scott Bigham and Bill Mattox.
Visitation was from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials can be made to Ingomar United Methodist Church, 1110 CR 90, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...