Frances Gardner Obituary
Frances Louise Gardner, 98, New Albany, died Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012 at Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany. She was born June 21, 1914 in Union County to the late Henry Lee and Mary Elizabeth McNeil Gardner. She formerly worked at Irwin B. Schwabe, before becoming one of the first employees of Futorian Mfg., from which she retired. She was a puzzle enthusiast and really enjoyed the more challenging ones. She was the oldest living member of Ingomar United Methodist Church.
A celebration of her life was at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany with Brad Sartor officiating. Interment was in Ingomar Cemetery.
She is survived by nieces and nephews: Mary Patton, Sara Mattox, Judy Bigham, Robin Knight, Brenda Pannell, Pat Grass, Lynda Womack, Donald Dodd, Jackie Dodd and Hugh Gardner and several great nieces and great nephews.
She was preceded in death by three sisters, Thelma Duncan, Hazel Coleman and Eloise Dodd, and two brothers, Hugh Gardner and Bill Gardner.
Pallbearers were Will Dodd, Jon Dodd, Jeff Dodd, Kyle Dodd, Greg Bigham, Scott Bigham and Bill Mattox.
Visitation was from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials can be made to Ingomar United Methodist Church, 1110 CR 90, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...