It’s Pioneer Days time
The Heritage Pioneer Days, which has become one of the largest events in town for school classes and families with young children, will be held Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
It was 11 years ago that Jill Smith, director of the Union County Heritage Museum, decided to demonstrate the life of early pioneers with demonstrations and hands-on activities.
More than 1,000 children in school classes are expected tomorrow and Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to take part in a variety of activities at the museum.
On Saturday, the public is invited to attend from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The activities take place at the museum on Cleveland Street.
Hands-on activities range from corn shelling to log cabin building and fire starting to rope making. More than two dozens activities will be demonstrated including butter churning, spinning and weaving, quilt making, food preserving and story telling and yarn spinning.
Also on Saturday the traditional bluegrass group, the Haywire Fiddleheads, will perform. The group includes the Mississippi Bluegrass Guitar Champion.
Heritage Pioneer Days has become one of the area’s most popular family activities. Its growth parallels that of the museum.
Make your way to the museum Saturday for the 11th annual Pioneer Days.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series