Myrtle earns division win at Ingomar
The Lady Hawks did what they had to, picking up a big division win at Ingomar on Tuesday. Coming off of last weekend’s county tournament, where the Lady Falcons handed Myrtle a 10-1 defeat, it was the Ingomar bats that were not as strong after building an early 2-0 lead.
Myrtle’s first run came in the top of the fourth on an Ingomar error that plated Ashton Hogue. The Lady Falcons had another error to start the top of the fifth, and Keely Chunn tied the game on her single, followed by a sac fly from Emily Cook that gave Myrtle the 3-2 lead.
With two on in the sixth, Meshay Cox added the final run of the game on a single, and the Myrtle defense held Ingomar to only one hit in the last two innings.
“It was a big win for us. We felt like if we came in with a good game plan, we would do well, but we didn’t execute that well,” Myrtle coach Robert Gordon said. “We hit the ball sharp, hit it hard at times, but it took us a few innings to get going. Once we did that, we hit a little better and had some more timely hits; more than we’ve had over the whole weekend. We took advantage of a mistake they had in one inning, giving us the lead, and we just played good defense. Their bats were not has hot as they were this last weekend, and we just took advantage of it.”
Ingomar scored the first two runs of the game coming off an RBI single from Mallory Adair in the first and an RBI triple from Heather Dillard in the second. Dillard finished the game with three hits to lead Ingomar. Chunn and Emily Cook each had two hits to lead Myrtle.
Also winning on Tuesday were West Union, East Union and New Albany. The Lady Eagles handed Wheeler a 5-3 division loss, while the Lady Bulldogs traveled to Shannon, defeating the Red Raiders, 14-4 and EU shut out Hickory Flat, 10-0.
The Lady Hawks are slated to play West Union at home tonight, while Ingomar will be at Pine Grove.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series