Bulldogs defeat Senatobia on homecoming
The Bulldogs were looking for a big win, and came through with a 14-7 victory over Senatobia to open division play.
Entering the game at 2-4 and on a three-game losing streak, New Albany put up a big defensive effort to get the win.
“We’ve challenged those guys each week to play New Albany defense the way they know how to play, and they put forth a great effort tonight,” Bulldogs head coach Ron Price said. “We gave up only one touchdown, and we put them in some tough positions, and they bent a little bit, but they made the big plays when they needed to.”
Each team had a turnover in the first quarter, but Spencer Day put the Bulldogs on the board late in the quarter on his one-yard run. Tevin Wooten would later tie the game on a three-yard run in the second, and the game held that same score at the half.
A pass interference call on Senatobia early in the fourth helped set up New Albany’s second touchdown; a 10-yard run by Boston Newsome. The Warriors had the ball late in the game, but turned it over on downs after New Albany’s defense sacked Senatobia quarterback Tevin Wink.
“We knew we needed to come out and have a big win, and I think we got it,” Bulldog senior Devonte Bradley said. “A lot of credit tonight goes to Cedric Buford.”
“It’s great to go out and get this win,” added senior Brady Barnes. “Our record may not show it, but we’ve been getting better each week, and we’re glad to have gone out and snapped this losing streak and win in our first division game.”
The Bulldogs improve to 3-4 (1-0) and will now prepare for its next division opponent, North Ponotoc, who defeated Rosa Fort, 15-14.
“It feels good to get a win. I’m very discouraged with some of the things we did tonight, but after some of the losses we’ve had this year, a win is a win,” Price said. “I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss, because our kids have been battling all year and have made the plays. We got a big homecoming win, and I’m proud of our kids for staying focused this week.”
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...