Often we take for granted businesses or institutions right in our own community. Sometimes it takes recognition from outside the community to remind us of what we’ve got right here in New Albany.
An example is our local hospital. It’s there, with lots of good people taking care of our needs day in and day out as well as conducting a number of outreach programs that enrich our city and contribute to community health.
But now Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has been named a “Top Performer” by the Joint Commission.
The commission, founded in 1951, is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Baptist is one of 620 hospitals nationwide to be recognized as a top performer out of the 3,376 hospitals that submitted accountability measures to the Joint Commission.
The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest accrediting group, determines top performers by analyzing the performance of accredited hospitals on 45 accountability measures.
People make the difference in a hospital (and most any other business), and Baptist has a quality staff focused on providing good care.
We’ve said many times that we are fortunate in New Albany to have a quality, responsible non-profit hospital that puts its focus on community health, not profit.
Being recognized as a top performer by the Joint Commission is a tribute to the people who staff our local hospital. We congratulate them.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series