Often we take for granted businesses or institutions right in our own community. Sometimes it takes recognition from outside the community to remind us of what we’ve got right here in New Albany.
An example is our local hospital. It’s there, with lots of good people taking care of our needs day in and day out as well as conducting a number of outreach programs that enrich our city and contribute to community health.
But now Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has been named a “Top Performer” by the Joint Commission.
The commission, founded in 1951, is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Baptist is one of 620 hospitals nationwide to be recognized as a top performer out of the 3,376 hospitals that submitted accountability measures to the Joint Commission.
The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest accrediting group, determines top performers by analyzing the performance of accredited hospitals on 45 accountability measures.
People make the difference in a hospital (and most any other business), and Baptist has a quality staff focused on providing good care.
We’ve said many times that we are fortunate in New Albany to have a quality, responsible non-profit hospital that puts its focus on community health, not profit.
Being recognized as a top performer by the Joint Commission is a tribute to the people who staff our local hospital. We congratulate them.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...