Often we take for granted businesses or institutions right in our own community. Sometimes it takes recognition from outside the community to remind us of what we’ve got right here in New Albany.
An example is our local hospital. It’s there, with lots of good people taking care of our needs day in and day out as well as conducting a number of outreach programs that enrich our city and contribute to community health.
But now Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has been named a “Top Performer” by the Joint Commission.
The commission, founded in 1951, is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Baptist is one of 620 hospitals nationwide to be recognized as a top performer out of the 3,376 hospitals that submitted accountability measures to the Joint Commission.
The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest accrediting group, determines top performers by analyzing the performance of accredited hospitals on 45 accountability measures.
People make the difference in a hospital (and most any other business), and Baptist has a quality staff focused on providing good care.
We’ve said many times that we are fortunate in New Albany to have a quality, responsible non-profit hospital that puts its focus on community health, not profit.
Being recognized as a top performer by the Joint Commission is a tribute to the people who staff our local hospital. We congratulate them.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...