Praise for movie
Our freedoms are being taken away one by one, and so many of us are standing by and letting it happen. A nativity scene was erected for 75 years at one elementary school, but because the ACLU contended that the school was endorsing Christianity, which this organization defines as a violation of church and state, the school was ordered to remove the nativity scene.
And then there is the story of a small town with a cross on the side of a mountain, which had stood there for years, and this town also faced a court order to remove the cross. Another freedom taken away.
School districts are afraid if a student shows up with a Bible in school; and God forbid if anyone prays aloud on school property. The term “separation of church and state” is misunderstood and misused in the courts and certainly defined differently from what our founding fathers meant it to be. But that’s another letter, another day.
There was a time in our nation and in our schools when being a Christian was not something from which one would shy; but it seems today that in many circles, Christianity is something for which many would ask forgiveness. We have the right of religious freedom because of the sacrifices of our forefathers, fathers, and young men and women today who are fighting to keep all of our precious freedoms.
There is a little-known movie entitled “Last Ounce of Courage” now playing at the Tupelo Commons Theater. The movie is about Our Hometown, USA, and the loss of freedom and how each and every one of us must wake up to the subtle stealing of our freedoms. We highly recommend that you make every effort to see this excellent movie, and believe that one person can and must do all that can be done to restore lost freedoms.
Ed and Linda Grisham
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series