Urchins prepare for season finale
East Union will close out its first season in football on Friday night, traveling to Florence, taking on McLaurin.
The Tigers are 7-2 on the year and are coming off a 42-19 loss to Forest last week. Offensively, McLaurin is led by quarterback Corderius Davis, who has thrown for 619 yards and five touchdowns and has rushed for 750 yards and 13 touchdowns. The Tigers leading rusher is Eric McGee, who has 905 yards and 16 touchdowns.
“They’re a great team, and they’re like Potts Camp in that they don’t make mistakes,” Urchins head coach Scott Duley said. “They play defense fast and they play well, so you’re not going to burn them with big plays. Offensively, they have a full back that’s a bulldozer and a quarterback that’s very athletic.”
Duley has overall been pleased with the progress his team has made throughout this season and hopes for a strong showing in the final game.
“Some weeks I feel like we went backward, and others I felt we moved forward,” he said. “It really comes down to our attitude that week in practice and did we do well individually. That determines how we do as a team. These young men are very talented, and I’m proud of how they’ve worked.”
Friday’s game is set for a 7 p.m. start at McLaurin.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...