Seven students suspended following football game activities
New Albany High School administration suspended seven students earlier this week in connection with an alleged violation of school policies against allowing fans on the field following an athletic event.
According to Jackie Ford, superintendent of the New Albany School District, the students received suspension from school because they violated the policy after last Friday’s home football game against the Lafayette County Commodores.
“The policy is part of our security plan, as required by the Mississippi High School Athletics Association,” Ford said. “No one is allowed on the field after the game, in order ensure the safety of our fans and the opposing team’s fans as well.”
While he would not discuss the specifics of the disciplinary action taken against the seven students, Ford did say that it was in accordance with the discipline policies laid out in the student handbook. He also said that the school district has the right to ban any persons not associated with the schools from future athletic events, if they are found in violation.
“As far as we’re concerned, the incident is over and we’ll move on to the next thing,” Ford said.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...