Seven students suspended following football game activities
New Albany High School administration suspended seven students earlier this week in connection with an alleged violation of school policies against allowing fans on the field following an athletic event.
According to Jackie Ford, superintendent of the New Albany School District, the students received suspension from school because they violated the policy after last Friday’s home football game against the Lafayette County Commodores.
“The policy is part of our security plan, as required by the Mississippi High School Athletics Association,” Ford said. “No one is allowed on the field after the game, in order ensure the safety of our fans and the opposing team’s fans as well.”
While he would not discuss the specifics of the disciplinary action taken against the seven students, Ford did say that it was in accordance with the discipline policies laid out in the student handbook. He also said that the school district has the right to ban any persons not associated with the schools from future athletic events, if they are found in violation.
“As far as we’re concerned, the incident is over and we’ll move on to the next thing,” Ford said.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...