Myrtle girls, West Union boys win cross country division titles
Myrtle girls and West Union boys won division titles in cross country last Saturday, competing at Tupelo Christian Prep in Belden.
Hunter Jennings led the pack of Eagle runners that took the top seven spots in the Region 2-1A meet. Jennings finished with a time of 19:06 and was followed by Austin Kiddy, Randy Long, Eli Basil, Brandon Crane, Andrew Childers and Adam Grubbs. Lavon Cook was the top finisher for Myrtle in eighth place. The Eagles won the division title over Myrtle.
The Lady Hawks finished in first in the girls’ meet, led by Kitana High. High finished first overall with a time of 16:43 and was followed by West Union’s Savannah Shirley at 17:16.
Myrtle had five more runners in the top eight, starting with Megan Lowery in third, followed by Ellie Fitts in fifth, Ivory Montgomery in sixth, Laykin Dulaney in seventh and Caroline Greer in eighth.
The Lady Hawks finished with 22 points as a team, followed by West Union with 45 points.
Ingomar finished second in the 1-1A meet behind TCPS. Tyler Warren was the top finisher in the boys race with a time of 18:36. Noah Bryant was the next finisher for the Falcons in fifth.Sydney Roberts finished third overall in the girls’ race with a time of 17:20.
New Albany competed at Pontotoc in the Region 2-4A run last Thursday, finishing third as a team in the girls race.
Pontotoc took the top eight spots in the run. Katie Brooks was the top finisher for the Lady Bulldogs in 18th, followed by Laura Creekmore in 19th. Carly Hill, Lauren Boyd, Rachel Rainey and Alyssa Greer also finished in the top 30 for New Albany.
The Bulldogs were led by William Harding and Guillermo Garcia, who finished ninth and 10th respectively in the boys’ race.
East Union will compete in its division meet on Nov. 3, beginning at 9:30 a.m. at BNA Bank Park.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...