New Albany represented at all-star game
New Albany was well represented last weekend in the Mississippi Association of Coaches slow pitch all-star game in Newton. Seniors Shannon Goode and Mallory Beaty were among the 12 chosen from North Mississippi for the 4A/5A/6A game, along with coaches Shane Sanderson and Tom Zahller.
The North squad won both games, 10-8 and 27-7. Beaty finished the day 2-for-9, while Goode was 4-for-6 with a walk, getting three of those hits in the second game.
“Coming into this year, they were among the favorites to make the team because of the careers they’ve had,” Sanderson said of the duo.
“There were a ton of girls nominated and just a rich group of seniors to chose from. I wanted to make sure that they were able to play some in the middle infield and showcase their talents.”
North Pontotoc’s Arriann Henry had two home runs in the game one win and followed that with a 4-for-4 performance in the game two win that saw 32 hits overall for the north squad. Sanderson said it was an honor for him and Zahller to work with the talented team.
“The hardest part was picking the team,” he said. “We took care of business and just had a ton of fun and represented North Mississippi well. Coach Zahller has been a large part of our success, so I was glad to have him with there with me.”
Video from the game can be viewed on the MHSAA website by going to the MHSAA Network.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert