Cleaning up our city
Another proposal designed to improve the look of New Albany is under consideration by the Board of Aldermen.
Scott Dunnam, alderman at large, has asked the board to approve an ordinance to make it illegal to have upholstered furniture or mattresses sitting around on outdoor porches or patios. The ordinance would apply to furniture not manufactured for outdoor use.
Prohibited items could not be visible from a public right-of-way or from the ground level of adjacent property. The only exception would be for a yard or garage sale.
There also has been some discussion of including appliances in the plan.
Violation of the ordinance would result in a citation being issued by the code enforcement officer with a fine of $50 up to $250.
The board has scheduled a public hearing on the issue at its next regular board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 4.
We support the efforts of the board to clean up our city and we think this ordinance is a logical next step in that process. In addition to improving aesthetics, clean, well-kept neighborhoods contribute to higher property values.
It’s a win-win situation.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...