Hawks rally versus Rebels
Robert Montgomery scored 31 points and led the Hawks in a second half comeback over Hickory Flat on homecoming last Friday night.
The senior had 17 points in the third quarter, leading Myrtle in a 22-0 run in the second half for the 58-48 win.
The Rebels took the early lead on a three pointer by James White and led 11-5 after the first quarter.
Hickory Flat maintained that lead despite a 5-0 run for the Hawks to open the second quarter. Montgomery brought Myrtle within two, 14-12, preceding a 6-0 Hickory Flat run to lead 20-12. Montgomery had 10 of the Hawks 15 points hat the half, as Myrtle trailed by eight.
The Rebels were ahead in the third quarter, 31-23, when Myrtle went on a 22-0 run that stretched into the fourth quarter. The run started with back-to-back three pointers by Montgomery and Ben Paist. Taylor Hogue tied the game on a pair of free throws, and Montgomery gave the Hawks the lead at 33-31.
“Robert did what great players do and made some incredibly tough shots to spark his team,” Rebels coach Michael Seger said. “I’m proud of my team and their effort. I have a great group of kids that are improving daily.”
James Baker stopped the run for the Rebels in the fourth on a three-point play, making it 45-34 in favor of Myrtle, and the Hawks held on to improve to 4-1.
After Montgomery’s 31 points, Keon Hampton had 15 points for Myrtle, while Baker led the Rebels with 11 points, followed by Jordan Thompson with 10 points.
Hickory Flat 43 Myrtle 17 (girls)
Kaitlyn Wilson had 12 points to lead the Lady Rebels in the road win at Myrtle.
After Meshay Cox opened the game with a free throw and a 1-0 lead for the Lady Hawks, Hickory Flat went on a 13-0 run and led from then on for the road win.
Wilson had 10 points to lead all scorers at the half. Myrtle’s Amber Cook had two three-pointers to lead the Lady Hawks in the third quarter.
Cox led Myrtle (1-4) with eight points for the game. Myrtle will next play against Baldwyn on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series