Sharing at Christmas
Thanksgiving is here, for many of us a time for family gatherings, turkey, pumpkin pie and all the trimmings.
We hope at this time you will be thankful for what you have and also take a moment to share with others as we enter the holiday season.
We are talking about the Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program, which is in its 38th year of providing food and toys to those in need in Union County.
A week or so before Christmas, volunteers will be fanning out across the county delivering a large food box, which includes everything needed (yes, there’s turkey) for a holiday meal as well as toys for children to about 200 families who have qualified for assistance.
We are quite a distance from our fundraising goal of $15,000. But if those of us who can afford to make a contribution will, we will get there. A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette.
You can fill it out as a regular donation, or as a donation from you or your family in honor of someone you know, or in memory of someone deceased.
We’ll print the names and amounts in each issue. The newest donations always will appear on the top of the list.
Of course, if you prefer your contribution to be anonymous, just check the box on the coupon. We’ll honor your request.
We hope you’ll join the spirit of Thanksgiving by making a donation if you can.
All of us at the Gazette appreciate your support for Sharing at Christmas, which has helped so many through the years.
Have a good Thanksgiving.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday