Honoring Mr. Gault
Bobby Gault has been elected president of the Mississippi School Boards Association, capping a areer in education that began with his election to the New Albany Schools Board of Trustees in 1976.
His taking the helm of the state association brings recognition and honor, not only to Mr. Gault, but also to the New Albany School District and to our city.
He previously had served as secretary/treasurer of the association and then vice president. He was elected president last week.
Becoming president of the state association is not the first honor for Gault, who a year ago received the association’s Board Member of the Year award.
During his time on our local school board, he has been a part of two school bond issues, two major construction projects and the employment of both Dr. Charles Garrett and current superintendent, Jackie Ford.
Ford called Gault’s ascendency to state board president “a well deserved honor.
“He’s put a lot of time into not only the New Albany Schools but also the Mississippi School Boards Association as well,” he said.
We join the New Albany Schools in congratulating Mr. Gault for reaching this leadership position in the state association.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...