Baldwyn takes two over East Union
East Union opened division play last Friday, suffering two tough home losses to Baldwyn.
Ayana Ragin scored 27 points, 21 in the first half, leading the Lady Bearcats to a 67-29 win over the Lady Urchins.
With the game tied at four early on, Baldwyn went on an 11-0 run to lead 15-4. The Lady Bearcats had another big run in the second quarter, opening with the first nine points scored to lead 24-5.
Ashley Leach scored 10 points to lead the Lady Urchins at the break, and East Union went 8-for-13 from the free throw line, making it 36-16 at the half.
Leach and Tianna Castillo each scored 13 points to lead East Union. Castillo scored 10 points in the second half, including all eight of the Lady Urchins’ points in the fourth quarter.
Kelsey Agnew had 10 points for Baldwyn. The Lady Urchins fall to 6-6 (0-1) on the season.
Baldwyn 67 East Union 36 (boys)
Dee Gates scored a game-high 23 points to lead the Bearcats in a win over the Urchins.
Baldwyn broke away in the first quarter to lead 27-11 after the frame and 43-17 at the half.
Dontrell Lattimore led the Urchins (8-4, 0-1) with 11 points.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...