Two men caught after pursuit
Two men will face charges related to an attempted escape from a Mississippi Highway Patrol trooper Thursday in Myrtle.
According to spokesman for the Highway Patrol, the incident began when the trooper stopped to investigate a vehicle located outside a Myrtle business around 4 p.m.
When the vehicle drove off, the trooper gave pursuit, the spokesman said. Shortly after, the vehicle stopped and two men jumped out and made an escape attempt on foot.
One of the men, Laranzo Spencer, 25, of 597 Reaves Rd., in Holly Springs, was arrested quickly, but the other man escaped into the woods.
According to Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards, deputies with his department aided in the hunt for the second man, Royle Strickland, 24, of 309 Strickland, Ashland.
Edwards said Strickland was located and arrested approximately two hours later.
The sheriff said that Spencer will face charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in Marshall County.
Meanwhile, Strickland, the driver of the vehicle, was charged with a DUI, no driver’s license, no proof of insurance, failure to yield to blue lights and making an improper turn.
Edwards said he will also face charges related to manhunt.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...