Two men caught after pursuit
Two men will face charges related to an attempted escape from a Mississippi Highway Patrol trooper Thursday in Myrtle.
According to spokesman for the Highway Patrol, the incident began when the trooper stopped to investigate a vehicle located outside a Myrtle business around 4 p.m.
When the vehicle drove off, the trooper gave pursuit, the spokesman said. Shortly after, the vehicle stopped and two men jumped out and made an escape attempt on foot.
One of the men, Laranzo Spencer, 25, of 597 Reaves Rd., in Holly Springs, was arrested quickly, but the other man escaped into the woods.
According to Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards, deputies with his department aided in the hunt for the second man, Royle Strickland, 24, of 309 Strickland, Ashland.
Edwards said Strickland was located and arrested approximately two hours later.
The sheriff said that Spencer will face charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in Marshall County.
Meanwhile, Strickland, the driver of the vehicle, was charged with a DUI, no driver’s license, no proof of insurance, failure to yield to blue lights and making an improper turn.
Edwards said he will also face charges related to manhunt.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...