Two men caught after pursuit
Two men will face charges related to an attempted escape from a Mississippi Highway Patrol trooper Thursday in Myrtle.
According to spokesman for the Highway Patrol, the incident began when the trooper stopped to investigate a vehicle located outside a Myrtle business around 4 p.m.
When the vehicle drove off, the trooper gave pursuit, the spokesman said. Shortly after, the vehicle stopped and two men jumped out and made an escape attempt on foot.
One of the men, Laranzo Spencer, 25, of 597 Reaves Rd., in Holly Springs, was arrested quickly, but the other man escaped into the woods.
According to Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards, deputies with his department aided in the hunt for the second man, Royle Strickland, 24, of 309 Strickland, Ashland.
Edwards said Strickland was located and arrested approximately two hours later.
The sheriff said that Spencer will face charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in Marshall County.
Meanwhile, Strickland, the driver of the vehicle, was charged with a DUI, no driver’s license, no proof of insurance, failure to yield to blue lights and making an improper turn.
Edwards said he will also face charges related to manhunt.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...