Tallahatchie Players to present ‘Charlie Brown’ musical
The Tallahatchie River Players are announcing the casting of their Spring musical, “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown.”
Based on the popular “Peanuts” comic strip by Charles Shultz, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” opened on March 7, 1967 and played for 1,597 performances in New York at the theatre 80 St. Marks with Gary Burghoff in the title role. This version was revived briefly on Broadway in 1971 and played for 32 performances at the John Golden Theatre. A new revival version was presented on Broadway in 1999 and played for 149 performances at the Ambassador Theatre with award-winning performances by Roger Bart and Kristin Chenoweth as Snoopy and Sally.
The cast will include six characters: four male and two female. The cast will also feature a dance line. They are looking for high school age and up.
The project is headed by director John Peter Ford. Auditions will be held on Sunday, Jan. 6, at 2:00 p.m. in the Cine’ Theater of the Magnolia Civic Center in New Albany. All those wishing to audition will be asked to sing a few bars of a song or hymn that is familiar to them. They will also participate in a cold read. For more information about auditions you can contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org. And for more information about the Tallahatchie River Players you can visit their website http://tallahatchieriverplayers.com/.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...