County school board members take oaths of office
During its first meeting of the new year, the Union County School Board of Trustees welcomed two new board members, who will serve as representatives of the county’s 3rd and 4th districts.
Mike Browning was sworn in first by Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford before the meeting began. Browning was elected to serve as the 3rd district board member in November, defeating Incumbent Buddy Dixon.
Following the call to order by Board President Mickey Basil, the board then accepted the resignation of Robert Hogue as 4th district school board member, effective Jan. 1.
Hogue had run unopposed for the office in November, but soon after the election, made the decision to resign due to the fact that his wife is currently a teacher at Ingomar Attendance Center.
According to state election laws, the school board is required to appoint an interim school board member who will serve until a new election will be held.
According to Union County School District Superintendent Ken Basil, the board chose to appoint Daphnia McMillen due to her education background.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...