Ingomar falls to Southaven at BMC tournament
Ingomar dropped to 9-6 on the year after a 75-47 setback to Southaven in the Jerry Fowler Showcase at Blue Mountain College on Saturday.
The Falcons trailed by seven, 9-2, in the first, and after a time out, cut the deficit to three, 10-7, on a basket by Henry Foster.
Ingomar kept the Chargers’ lead in single digits until late in the first, after a three-pointer by Cordarious Woods put Southaven up, 23-13. The Chargers held Ingomar to only four points in the second quarter, building a 45-17 lead at the half.
Woods led all scorers with 25 points, followed by 13 points from Rashad Dixon and 10 points from Terence Davis.
Henry Foster led Ingomar with 17 points.
The Falcons hosted Coldwater on Tuesday in its division opener and will travel to Myrtle on Friday.
New Albany opens January with big win
Jarel Lipsey led the Bulldogs with 16 points in an 82-37 win over Hickory Flat last Friday.
Leading 23-16 after the first, the Bulldogs’ defense held the Rebels to single-digit scoring in each of the remaining quarters, and the team combined for 18 steals.
Lipsey, Robert Franklin and Bernard Spight each hit three three-pointers, and Franklin finished with 15 points, followed by Spight with 11.
New Albany will travel to Rosa Fort on Friday.
West Union splits weekend games
The Eagles fall to 7-9 after its weekend games against Water Valley and Mantachie.
Chase Taylor scored a game-high 15 points in the 49-44 overtime loss to Water Valley on Friday. Trailing 22-20 at the half, the Eagles out scored the Blue Devils, 17-15, in the second half to force over time, where Water Valley took the win.
Taylor scored 21 points, followed by 18 points from Chase Cooper, in a 74-43 win against Mantachie on Saturday. The Eagles hosted Myrtle on Tuesday and will travel to Mantachie on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert