Gazette policy regarding political announcements
The New Albany Gazette is offering each person who qualifies to run in the upcoming municipal elections the chance to introduce themselves to the voters.
This opportunity allows for each candidate to have a free, one-time only, announcement in the Gazette.
As part of this announcement, the Gazette will print a story, along with a high resolution photograph, that shares information about the candidate with our readers.
This information should include full name, age, place of residence, biographical information, education background, work experience and/or any other experience that would make him or her a good candidate for public office, as well as names of immediate family members.
This free announcement must be run within three weeks of the date on which the candidate qualifies. Should a person qualify on the last day of qualifying, March 8, he or she must submit an announcement within one week.
All announcements must be run by mid-March.
About Chris Elkins
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- Cancer patients, families, caregivers need our prayers October 25, 2016
- McCullough joins ACT 30+ Club at New Albany High School October 25, 2016
- ‘Bespoke’ open for business October 25, 2016
- Hurricane news October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...