Gazette policy regarding political announcements
The New Albany Gazette is offering each person who qualifies to run in the upcoming municipal elections the chance to introduce themselves to the voters.
This opportunity allows for each candidate to have a free, one-time only, announcement in the Gazette.
As part of this announcement, the Gazette will print a story, along with a high resolution photograph, that shares information about the candidate with our readers.
This information should include full name, age, place of residence, biographical information, education background, work experience and/or any other experience that would make him or her a good candidate for public office, as well as names of immediate family members.
This free announcement must be run within three weeks of the date on which the candidate qualifies. Should a person qualify on the last day of qualifying, March 8, he or she must submit an announcement within one week.
All announcements must be run by mid-March.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...