Gazette policy regarding political announcements
The New Albany Gazette is offering each person who qualifies to run in the upcoming municipal elections the chance to introduce themselves to the voters.
This opportunity allows for each candidate to have a free, one-time only, announcement in the Gazette.
As part of this announcement, the Gazette will print a story, along with a high resolution photograph, that shares information about the candidate with our readers.
This information should include full name, age, place of residence, biographical information, education background, work experience and/or any other experience that would make him or her a good candidate for public office, as well as names of immediate family members.
This free announcement must be run within three weeks of the date on which the candidate qualifies. Should a person qualify on the last day of qualifying, March 8, he or she must submit an announcement within one week.
All announcements must be run by mid-March.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...