Myrtle and West Union Split in Basketball Action
Myrtle and West Union squared off in county and division basketball action Tuesday at West Union. West Union girls took a 40-30 win over Myrtle and Myrtle boys came back to win the nightcap 60-32. West Union’s Lady Eagles made the most of a 20-7 run in the first quarter to best their in-county rivals. The Lady Eagles were led by Julianna Garner’s game-high 17 points and Gracen Conlee added 11. Meshay Cox led Myrtle’s Lady Hawks with 14 and Genisha Montgomery had 13 points. Myrtle used a 21-12 advantage after one quarter, then stretched that lead to 39-21 by the half, to propel them to a big win over the Eagles. The Hawks were led in scoring by Robert Montgomery with 26 points and Keon Hamton tossed in 14. Chase Taylor had 11 points for the Eagles.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...