Reed named interim election commissioner to replace Boyte
The Union County Board of Supervisor appointed Barbara Ann Reed as interim District Three Election Commissioner Monday until someone can be elected to the post during the 2013 November general elections.
The appointment was necessary because the District Three winner in the past November election, Rank Boyte, resigned for personal reasons.
Supervisors accepted his resignation Monday and then appointed Reed, who is Boyte’s daughter.
No one ran against Boyte, who sought the post vacated by Frances Dunlap upon her retirement.
The other new election commissioner is Bill Azlin, who defeated incumbent Lanelle Hudson for the District Two seat. The remaining three incumbents were unopposed. They are Graham Spencer, District One; Mike Beam, District Four; and Wayne Wilhite, District Five.
In other business, supervisors Monday handled routine items such as paying medical examiner fees, approving the claims docket and board minutes, and approving the work schedule for January.
One unusual item was voting to purchase three new garbage trucks for a negotiated price of $125,000 each. The original and only bid was $126,845 from Pac Man with Freightliner trucks.
Another was accepting the proposal from Mills and Mills Architects to work with the Community Development Block Grant Project on the Abby Farms building, and accepting a services contract with J. E. Vance and Co. to do work to prepare for the regular audit.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...