By Martha Hardy
Out with the old and in with the new. We have heard this said many times in the past. I just hope and pray that 2013 will be a much better year for all those within our readership, as well as for our nation and world.
However, I fear that unless the world leaders, as well as our own here in America, realize the path we are on now and do something to turn around the wrongs we have committed as a nation, the Lord will not look kindly on us.
God has been so good to us but His grace and mercy will not abide with us always. We only have to read in His word as to how He has dealt with rebellious nations.
We have a number of happy birthday wishes today. First there is little three-year-old Hayden Lowery who recently had a party at his home. Hayden has a big sister, Chole, also helped celebrate. They are the children of Dr. Jennifer Whiteside Lowery and husband Charley.
Dr. Lowery has been practicing medicine in Blue Mountain but will soon be moving her clinic to Ripley in order to be near the hospital there. Our best wishes to you . She is formerly from Blythe.
Other January birthdays include Sandy Shaddinger on the 2nd, Linda Lewis on the 10th and David Greer Sr. on the 20th. David and Betty are neighbors and long-time friends and Linda lives just across the road from me. I appreciate our good neighbors.
Sandy Shaddinger is a member of the Union County Master Gardeners. She and her husband have an alpaca farm with many of these beautiful animals .They were hosts for a dinner meeting of the MG’s last fall. They have a beautiful home and farm.
Our sympathy to family of the late Verrell Gilliam in his recent passing. At the time of his death he was living in Tennessee but was a former resident of Potts Camp. He was a student at Potts Camp school at the time I was there. He was a cousin of my brother-in-law, Bill New.
Also our fellow church member Del Haynes’ sister, Mary, who lived in Arizona, passed from this life last Friday just one day after the death of her husband.
We have a long list of persons on our prayer list at church but would like to mention two of the recent additions to the list. Little Adam Burge, the son of Rita and Lynn Burge, has been having a problem but is getting treatment at St. Jude Hospital in Memphis.
Also, Pam Cooper Hall will be returning to the M. D. Anderson hospital in Houston, Texas on the 14th of January. Best wishes and prayers to these two.
This is all I have for this time but would like to leave you with this from B.C. Forbes who was a Scottish journalist who lived from 1880-1954: He says, “The man who has done his level best is a success, even though the world may write him down a failure.”
Mchardy115 @aol.com. 662-988-3685. cell 316-8963.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...