Dogwood Hills Garden Club January meeting
The January meeting of Dogwood Hills Garden Club was held at the lovely home of Jackie and Sandra Ford. An inspirational devotional entitled “The Wolf at Your Door” was delivered by Bettye McMillen. A dinner of three different soups, congealed salad, and an array of desserts was enjoyed by all club members and a host of guests.
Sandra Ford, President of Dogwood Hills Garden Club, called the meeting to order. She introduced Mitch Johnson, Director of Yocona Area Council for the Tallahatchie District. Mr. Johnson presented a program on Leave No Trace. The Leave No Trace organization promotes good stewardship of natural resources and habitats. Mr. Johnson presented informational cards to each member on the seven principles of Leave No Trace. These efforts are applicable for any outdoor activity from gardening to camping, and there is a special program offered for children to instill the principles of environmental stewardship to the next generation.
Mrs. Ford then distributed the T-shirts and aprons with the club logo of the dogwood. A brief business meeting was conducted with discussion of possible fund raising projects and civic improvement projects. The meeting was adjourned to meet in February with Linda Pannell and Arhonda Coleman as hostesses.
Members present were Denise Pugh, Bettye McMillen, Marjorie Livingston, Helen Brown, Sandra Ford, Linda Pannell, Robbie Duckworth, Ashley McMillen, Joan Carr, and guests John Peter Ford, Joe Pugh, Lugie Brown, Cliff Pannell, Jackie Ford and Mitch Johnson.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series