ICC to offer ACT preparation class
The Continuing Education Department of Itawamba Community College has scheduled two options for Preparing for the ACT.
The first class, which will begin at 5:30 p.m., Feb. 11, at the Belden Center (3200 Adams Farm Rd.), will meet Mondays from 5:30-8 p.m. through Apr. 8. The $100 fee includes the book.
Preparing for the ACT will also be offered two Saturdays from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. English and reading will be covered on Mar. 23, and math and science, April 6. Cost is $50 for each session, which also includes the book and lunch.
ICC’s ACT preparatory class instructors use intensive classroom review procedures in English, reading, science reasoning and math that focus on strategies for improving scores by three methods including review of all concepts tested, tips for overcoming test anxiety and guides for studying smart that will help improve test-day performance. Instructors effectively communicate techniques to help students perform with confidence. Pre-test and post-test full-length ACT practice tests will be administered to measure performance, and extensive handouts will be provided for skill practice.
Preregistration is required. For more information and to register, call (662) 407-1500.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...