East Union’s Cody Bo Dillard Signs with Tigers
(L-R) sitting mother Tammy Dillard, Cody Bo Dillard, father Bo Dillard and (L-R) standing is Urchins asst. coach Zane Treadway, Drew Dillard, head coach Chris Basil, and Josh Blythe.
BOONEVILLE – Cody Bo Dillard signed with the Northeast Mississippi Community College’s baseball program on Monday to become the second pitcher to ink with the Tigers this year.
Dillard is a left-handed pitcher from East Union High School where he had an impressive 6-2 overall mark — during his junior campaign from the mound in 11 appearances for the Urchins.
“This is truly a blessing for me to sign to play baseball with Northeast,” Dillard said. “It will be a great opportunity to better myself and I think my decision was a good choice to go play for Coach (Kent) Farris because they are a good coaching staff.”
Dillard had an earn run average of 1.54 and gave up 21 runs (12 earned) in just over 54 innings pitched. Dillard also struck out 62 batters against 27 walks and had two games of 10 strikeouts or more – in a one-run game against Hatley on March 23, 2012 and in a one-run win against Calhoun City on April 27, 2012.
“Cody Bo is another great player from a school with a tremendous coaching staff that will definitely help our ball team,” said Farris. “We are always looking for quality pitchers and landing a lefty is even more of a blessing so we are excited about his future here at Northeast.”
Not only is Dillard a great land for Farris on the mound, but Dillard was also impressive at the plate with a .408 batting average with a .457 on base percentage with 42 hits in 116 at bats. Dillard scored 32 runs while driving in an additional 35 to go along with seven runs batted in and four stolen bases.
East Union head baseball coach Chris Basil stated, “ that we have had players go on to Northeast and be successful and have become great young men and (Cody) Bo will have that same opportunity. He is a great kid and comes from a good family and we wish him the best.”
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...