Kiwanis prepares for annual Hotbed Classic
Boasting premier matchups for boys’ basketball in the area, this year’s installment of the Hotbed Classic features eight games and each of the Union County schools and New Albany.
West Union and Kossuth will open the day at 10 a.m., followed by East Union versus Marshall, Myrtle against North Pontotoc.
Booneville, last year’s runner up in 3A and currently the top team in that class, according to the Clarion Ledger, will take on Piney Woods out of 1A.
The Blue Devils are currently at 15-3, while the Tornadoes are 7-7 on the year. That matchup will take place at 2 p.m. and will be followed by Ingomar and Amory at 3:30.
The Falcons’ game against the Panthers will feature former Falcon standout Rob Browning coaching against his alma mater.
The number two team in the state, Provine, will face off against Briarcrest from Memphis at 5 p.m. At 17-4, Provine is also the number two team in class 5A, while Briarcrest is 19-4.
This year’s classic will end with New Albany taking on Desoto Central at 8 p.m. The Jaguars from 6A are 17-4 on the year, while the Bulldogs are 11-9, not including tonight’s game at Mooreville.
The New Albany Kiwanis Club sponsors the annual tournament, with the games taking place at Memorial Gym in New Albany.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...