It’s race time again
In its first year, it was an overwhelming success. This year we expect it will be even better.
We, of course, are talking about the Amanda Price Memorial Run. More than 1,300 people, including more than 1,000 runners, turned out last year for the event, which honors Amanda Price, who was shot to death at her home in December 2011.
The race last year included a half-mile fun run and a 5K race. This year organizers have expanded it to include a 10K race. The event gets under way at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, March 9, at New Albany Elementary School.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Junior Auxiliary of New Albany’s scholarship fund and Survival Inc., a group that supports victims of violent crime.
More information about the event can be found at amandaprice5k.com and participants can register at raceonline.com.
We can’t think of a better way to honor the memory of Price, a New Albany educator and avid runner.
We encourage you to support what we expect will become one of the community’s largest annual events. And it’s all for worthwhile charitable causes.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...